Your Privacy Is Important To Us.
Updated May 4th, 2018
- Key Terms.
- What information we collect about you.
- How we collect personal information.
- How we use your personal information.
- How we share your personal information.
- Your Rights.
- How we protect your information.
- How we retain your personal information.
- How to contact us.
1. Key Terms
Albatross and Mariner offers photographic services for business and personal use. We refer to all of these products as “Services” in this policy.
Any service provided by Albatross and Mariner is purely voluntary. You are not required to provide any personal information to us unless you wish to secure a booking for our services, or access features that require such information. If you do not agree with the terms in this policy then please do not provide us with personal information, exit the site immediately, and do not interact with any other aspect of our business.
3. What information we collect about you
We collect information about you when you provide it to us, when you use our Services, and when other sources provide it to us, as further described below.
- On requesting Information about our services we may ask you to provide, specifically email address, first name and last name and contact information.
- The emails and other communications that you send us or otherwise contribute, such as service inquiries or posts to our blog. Please be aware that information on public parts of our sites is available to others.
- Information you share with us in connection with surveys, contests or promotions.
- Information from your use of our Services. This includes: IP addresses, preferences, web pages you visited prior to coming to our or our site, information about your browser, network or device (such as browser type and version, operating system, internet service provider, preference settings, unique device IDs and language and other regional settings), information about how you interact with the Services and our site (such as timestamps, clicks, scrolling, browsing times, searches, transactions, referral pages, load times, and problems you may encounter, such as loading errors)
4. How we collect personal information
We obtain personal information from a couple of sources. We do this in two main ways:
You provide some of it directly (such as by inquiring through the contact form).
We record some of it automatically when you use our Services (including with technologies like cookies).
We’ve described the above in more detail below.
- Personal information you provide
When you use our Services, we collect information from you in a number of ways. For instance, we ask you to provide your name and email address when you use our contact form to inquire into our services. We also maintain any other communications that you send us or otherwise contribute, such as customer support inquiries or posts to our blog.
- You might also provide us with information in other ways, including by responding to surveys, submitting a form or participating in contests or similar promotions.
Sometimes we require you to provide us with information for contractual or legal reasons. We’ll normally let you know when information is required, and the consequences of failing to provide it. If you do not provide personal information when requested, you may not be able to use our Services if that information is necessary to provide you with the service or if we are legally required to collect it.
- Personal information obtained from your use of our Services / Site
When you use our Services / Site, we collect information about your activity on and interaction with the Services / Site, such as your IP address(es), your device and browser type, the web page you visited before coming to our sites, what pages on our sites you visit and for how long and identifiers associated with your devices.
5. How we use your personal information
We use the personal information we obtain about you to:
- Provision of the Services. Provide and personalize our Services, process payments and respond to your inquiries.
- Communicating with you. Communicate with you, including by sending you emails.
- Surveys and contests. Administer surveys, contests and other promotions.
- Improving our Services. Analyze and learn about how the Services are accessed and used, evaluate and improve our Services (including by developing new products and services and managing our communications) and monitor and measure the effectiveness of our advertising.We usually do this based on anonymous, pseudonymized or aggregated information which does not focus on you individually.
- Security. Ensure the security and integrity of our Services.
- Complying with law. Comply with applicable legal requirements, such as tax and other government regulations and industry standards, contracts and law enforcement requests.
We process your personal information for the above purposes when:
- Consent. You have consented to the use of your personal information in a particular way. When you consent, you can change your mind at any time.
- Performance of a contract. We need your personal information to provide you with services requested by you, or to respond to your inquiries. In other words, so we can perform our contract with you or take steps at your request before entering into one. For example, we need your email address so you can be contacted in reference to you showing interest in our service.
6. How we share your personal information
We share personal information in the following ways:
- Following the law or protecting rights and interests. We disclose your personal information if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law, protect our or others’ rights, property or interests or prevent fraud or abuse. In particular, we may disclose your personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, such as to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
7. Your Rights
Where applicable law requires (and subject to any relevant exceptions under law), you may have the right to access, update, change or delete personal information.
You can access, update, change or delete personal information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the required changes.
Please note that, for technical reasons, there is likely to be a delay in deleting your personal Information from our systems when you ask us to delete it. We also will retain personal Information in order to comply with the law, protect our and others’ rights, resolve disputes or enforce our legal terms or policies, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
You may have the right to restrict or object to the processing of your personal information or to exercise a right to data portability under applicable law. You also may have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority, subject to applicable law.
Additionally, if we rely on consent for the processing of your personal information, you have the right to withdraw it at any time and free of charge. When you do so, this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent withdrawal.
8. How we protect your information
While no service is completely secure, we maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards that are intended to appropriately protect against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse and any other unlawful form of processing of, the personal information in our possession.
We employ security measures such as using firewalls to protect against intruders and testing for and protecting against network vulnerabilities.
9. How we retain your personal information
The precise periods for which we keep your personal information vary depending on the nature of the information and why we need it. Factors we consider in determining these periods include the minimum required retention period prescribed by law or recommended as best practice, the period during which a claim can be made with respect to an agreement or other matter, whether the personal information has been aggregated or pseudonymized, and other relevant criteria. For example, the period we keep your email address is connected to how long your Contract is active, while the period for which we keep a support message is based on how long has passed since the last submission in the thread.
Please note that in the course of providing the Services, we collect and maintain aggregated, anonymized or de-personalized information which we may retain indefinitely.
10. Protecting Your Child’s Privacy
Our Website is not designed for use by anyone under the age of 16 (“Child”), though we realize we may have a Child attempt to make contact through our Website. We do not verify the age of our Users nor do we have any liability for verifying a User’s age. If you are a Child, please seek the permission of a parent or guardian before using our Website. If you are a parent or guardian and believe your Child is using our Website or has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us.
We reserve the right to ask you for verification of your relationship to the Child before we honor such a request. If we discover that we have collected Personal Information from a Child under age 16 without verification of parental consent, we will immediately delete the information as soon as we discover it, we will not use the information for any purpose, and we will not disclose the information to third parties. However, as parent of such a Child, you understand that you are legally liable for any transactions created by the Child.
11. How to contact us
In accordance with GDRP law you have the right to be aware of the lawfulness how your personal data is being processed. You have the right to:
- Confirmation that your data is being processed;
- A copy of the information that we possess will be provided free of charge. However, if the request is manifested excessively and repetitively, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee.
Please contact us at Hello@albatrossandmariner.com and we we will do our best to provide requested information within 48 hours, however please note that we dispose of maximum of 1 month to comply to your request.